This section covers our commitment to health and safety and inclusivity initiatives. We strive to be a best-in-class organization by not only demonstrating a diverse & inclusive culture, but by actively supporting Inclusive Businesses in our supply chain.
Health & Safety Culture
Promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce
• Gazzola is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
• We recognize that we live in a diverse world and employee diversity should be no different. Gazzola first published an Employee Diversity policy in 2021 and strives for equality in employment practices and the delivery of our services. We are committed to equip management and all employees with knowledge and skills to recognize and address competing rights in all our work locations.
• Gazzola is proud to have first published a Employment diversity policy in 2021. Every supplier will have an equal opportunity to be included in our product sourcing and procurement process. Certified diverse companies that seek to do business with Gazzola must demonstrate the ability to add value and provide high-quality goods and services that are competitively priced, reliable, and aligned with our superior level of service.
GPL - Supplier Diversity Policy
• We are proud that Vern Gazzola, our CEO recognizes the need for a more women in the construction industry at management levels and in the field, and has proudly signed on to the UN Women Empowerment Principles Pledge and has empowered our leadership team.
Our CEO Pledge's - Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs)
Gazzola’s profile page on the WEPs website can be accessed here: Gazzola Paving Limited | WEPs
• Along with our Health & Safety Training the 2022 Spring Orientation will introduce for the first time to our management and the field, unconscious bias training to provide awareness, promote the right behaviours and ultimately mitigate any potential gender bias, notably in the hiring and recruiting process.
GPL - Code of Conduct
Gazzola is committed to this journey to become an even more diverse and inclusive employer. To succeed, and allow us to property set appropriate KPI targets and establish a baseline, the company has engaged an advisory partner Diversio to aid in measurement of our current employee impressions. Once this effort is completed in the spring of 2022 this will offer us concrete, data-driven insights about the diversity & inclusion at Gazzola. By better understanding our diversity and inclusion efforts and setting a baseline we can help by implementing solutions with the help of our management team and with support of our Board of Directors we will driver further measuring change and inclusion.
From paving, grinding, grading, curb and sidewalk installation, gravel and stone, to winter road maintenance, we work alongside large scale commercial and residential partners across Southern Ontario.Contact Us