We are currently looking for multiple Combination Snow Plow / Spreader Operators to join our winter team.
- Operation of a combination plow and wing unit safely during snow clearing operations – unit configuration consists of tandem trucks with “U” body spreaders, unidirectional or reversible front plows, right-side wing plows, and/or DLA anti-icing equipment
- Provide complete and accurate paperwork as required (e.g. vehicle inspections, etc.)
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Must be available 24 hours per day 7 days per week and able to respond to the yard location (Don Valley Parkway and Bloor) within 1 hour for winter season (November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022). Operators for this Call-in position will be provided a weekly monetary on-call sublimate in addition any hours worked
- Available for all required shifts (weekends, evenings, nights, and holidays)
- Perform miscellaneous yard duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid DZ (or AZ) license, with a clean CVOR abstract.
- Previous plow experience isn’t required, but is an asset.
- Previous truck driving experience is an asset.
- Comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
- Committed and dependable.
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Routine exposure to outside weather conditions including cold.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to communicate with co-worker’s safety instructions.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Job Type: Seasonal – Part Time - non-union
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Contract length: 5.5 months
Part-time hours: 20 - 30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
All workers will be required to complete a Covid-19 test prior to starting work and will be screened each work day. All workers will be required to attend and follow company policies relating to Covid-19 including social distancing and mask wearing.
Want To Be A Part Of The Gazzola Paving Team?
We're always on the lookout for a great fit, and if you want to be a part of the Gazzola Paving team send us a resumé.