Location: Don Valley Parkway and Bayview/Bloor Street Yard, Toronto, Ontario
We are currently looking for multiple Combination Snow Plow / Spreader Operators to join our winter team.
- Operation of a combination plow and wing unit safely during snow clearing operations – unit configuration consists of tandem trucks with “U” body spreaders, unidirectional or reversible front plows, right-side wing plows, and/or DLA anti-icing equipment
- Provide complete and accurate paperwork as required (e.g. vehicle inspections, etc.)
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Available for all required shifts (weekends, evenings, nights, and holidays)
- Perform miscellaneous yard duties as required
- Live on-site for the winter season (November 1, 2021 to April 15, 2021). Room and Board provided
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid DZ (or AZ) license, with a clean CVOR abstract.
- Previous plow experience isn’t required, but is an asset.
- Previous truck driving experience is an asset.
- Works well independently.
- Comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Routine exposure to outside weather conditions including cold.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to communicate with co-worker’s safety instructions.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Job Type: Seasonal – Full Time - non-union
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Want To Be A Part Of The Gazzola Paving Team?
We're always on the lookout for a great fit, and if you want to be a part of the Gazzola Paving team send us a resumé.